Wi-Fi 6. IEE 802.11ax. Uses and news.
IEEE 802.11ax also know as WiFi 6, it is a type of WLAN in the IEEE 802.11 set. This new standard will be essential for the development of digitization processes, as well as the implementation of technologies such as 5G or the Internet of Things.
It is designed to operate in the already existing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectra.
SCENARIOS OF USE WI-FI 6
802.11ax is designed to:
- High density public environments: airports, trains, auditoriums, shopping centers, stadiums ...
- in companies for deployments of 5G, Internet of Things (IoT),
- in homes where there is intensive use of the internet
- and in offices that use applications with a high bandwidth consumption (eg VoIP)
- 802.11ax It is also designed so that we can navigate and download data faster from our mobile devices.
What does the use of WI-FI 6 give us?
- Network decongestion: We have more and more devices connected to the internet and routers they must be able to support multiple connections at the same time.
Wi-Fi 6 is designed to offer more reach and coverage , so that the action of connecting in "dense environments", will improve the user experience.
- More speed: This standard allows speeds of up to 11 Gbps to be achieved on three or more devices at the same time, with a maximum speed of 5 Gbps on a single device.
- Performance: Wifi 6 will mean less battery consumption, up to two thirds less than what current standards consume on mobile devices, through a feature called Target Wake Time (TWT), which allows devices to remain idle until it is their turn to transmit data using a negotiated scheduling scheme with the AP.
All this is possible because as we have commented previously, IEEE 802.11ax, in addition to using MIMO and MU-MIMO (multi-user, multiple input, multiple output), introduces OFDMA (Multiple access by orthogonal frequency division). It improves the overall spectral efficiency, and thanks to its 1024-QAM modulation the WIFI bandwidth 6 It responds much better in scenarios with high information density and quadruples the possibilities of WIFI 5, providing greater performance. Although the nominal data rate is only 37% higher than IEEE 802.11ac, it is expected to achieve an increase of 4x in performance due to more efficient spectrum utilization with lower power consumption.
From a security point of view, WIFI 6 supports WPA3 protocol that will make your wireless connection much more secure.
Wi-Fi 6, companies can take advantage of important innovations.
Wi-Fi 6 will dramatically improve the wireless experience and enable new uses of wireless networks that were not possible until now.
With WIFI 6 it reduces latency and provides a much superior experience in applications such as streaming, video calls, shared desktop tasks.
The orchestration of management systemsthese separate networks is our next frontier
With so many changes in the way we connect, we are facing a exceptional opportunity of combining technological change with strategic planning, as we explore how new wireless capabilities will change the way our businesses operate.
Share this post
Cisco XDR helps quickly detect advanced cyberthreats and automate response
With unique visibility across the network and endpoints, Cisco XDR Extended Detection and Response simplifies security operations and prioritizes and corrects incidents more efficiently. San Francisco (RSA Conference), April 25, 2023. - Cisco has presented during the RSA event its new Extended Detection and Response (XDR) solution and advanced features for...
What is the difference between 2FA Two-Factor Authentication and MFA Multifactor?
Improving the security of your business, company and personal computers has never been easier and it's really that simple. In the past, a simple password was the most "secure" way to protect important data and documents. Passwords only provide a layer of security, and once that layer of security is compromised,...
Catalyst 9200CX Switches with HVDC, Cisco UPoE and mGig
Is your network ready for the hybrid world? Employees telework from different locations, with different devices and use applications hosted in different locations. Extends the power of the secure network as close to the edge as possible. The new compact Catalyst 9200CX models are optimized for flexibility and security. Ideal for: Fiber...
Cisco Secure Firewall 3100 series
The 3100 Series firewalls are designed to make hybrid work and zero trust practical. They support more remote users and increase VPN performance. Clustering and the flexibility of high port density allow the firewall to grow with you, ensuring a solid return on investment. The Cisco Secure Firewall 3100 Series is...