Wi-Fi 6. IEE 802.11ax. Uses and news.
IEEE 802.11ax also know as WiFi 6, it is a type of WLAN in the IEEE 802.11 set. This new standard will be essential for the development of digitization processes, as well as the implementation of technologies such as 5G or the Internet of Things.
It is designed to operate in the already existing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectra.
SCENARIOS OF USE WI-FI 6
802.11ax is designed to:
- High density public environments: airports, trains, auditoriums, shopping centers, stadiums ...
- in companies for deployments of 5G, Internet of Things (IoT),
- in homes where there is intensive use of the internet
- and in offices that use applications with a high bandwidth consumption (eg VoIP)
- 802.11ax It is also designed so that we can navigate and download data faster from our mobile devices.
What does the use of WI-FI 6 give us?
- Network decongestion: We have more and more devices connected to the internet and routers they must be able to support multiple connections at the same time.
Wi-Fi 6 is designed to offer more reach and coverage , so that the action of connecting in "dense environments", will improve the user experience.
- More speed: This standard allows speeds of up to 11 Gbps to be achieved on three or more devices at the same time, with a maximum speed of 5 Gbps on a single device.
- Performance: Wifi 6 will mean less battery consumption, up to two thirds less than what current standards consume on mobile devices, through a feature called Target Wake Time (TWT), which allows devices to remain idle until it is their turn to transmit data using a negotiated scheduling scheme with the AP.
All this is possible because as we have commented previously, IEEE 802.11ax, in addition to using MIMO and MU-MIMO (multi-user, multiple input, multiple output), introduces OFDMA (Multiple access by orthogonal frequency division). It improves the overall spectral efficiency, and thanks to its 1024-QAM modulation the WIFI bandwidth 6 It responds much better in scenarios with high information density and quadruples the possibilities of WIFI 5, providing greater performance. Although the nominal data rate is only 37% higher than IEEE 802.11ac, it is expected to achieve an increase of 4x in performance due to more efficient spectrum utilization with lower power consumption.
From a security point of view, WIFI 6 supports WPA3 protocol that will make your wireless connection much more secure.
Wi-Fi 6, companies can take advantage of important innovations.
Wi-Fi 6 will dramatically improve the wireless experience and enable new uses of wireless networks that were not possible until now.
With WIFI 6 it reduces latency and provides a much superior experience in applications such as streaming, video calls, shared desktop tasks.
The orchestration of management systemsthese separate networks is our next frontier
With so many changes in the way we connect, we are facing a exceptional opportunity of combining technological change with strategic planning, as we explore how new wireless capabilities will change the way our businesses operate.
Share this post
Bang & Olufsen Cisco 950, the importance of a good headset in video calls. In today's digital age, video calls have become an essential tool for communication, whether for work or personal use. Audio quality plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of these virtual conversations, and this is where...
In today's hyper-connected world, data is everywhere and all organizations rely on it to manage their business and make critical decisions every day. Factor in the acceleration and adoption of generative AI, expanding threat surfaces and multiple cloud environments, and you create a level of complexity unlike anything organizations have faced....
SOLUTEL has achieved the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialization. Effective August 7, 2023. SOLUTEL has shown its commitment to join Cisco in driving positive environmental change and creating an inclusive future for all in SPAIN. In recognition of its commitment, SOLUTEL will be identified as a holder of the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialization. SOLUTEL...
Webex, the first and only videoconferencing solution to get the green light from the EDPS for use by the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU). In its Decision published on July 13, 2023, the EDPS considers that the use of Cisco Webex videoconferencing and related services by the Court...