Digital transformation in the companyMaria Cruz Alcocer
What is Digital Transformation in the company?
We are very clear that the Internet has changed the way of doing business and the way in which we relate both personally and professionally, internally in the company, with clients, suppliers. E-mail, messaging applications, social networks … are part of our daily life and today we cannot conceive of doing our tasks without these applications. There has been a digital transformation.
The Digital Age has arrived and it is real. It represents a great opportunity for our clients, and at the same time one of the biggest challenges for IT departments.
The origin of this article begins by throwing my colleagues with different functions in SOLUTEL, this question: What is the Digital transformation in the company ? Let’s see the answers:
1.- For me the digital transformation is to have all the information of the organization in which you work, in the palm of your hand and computerized. Being able to access the necessary data, always with granted permissions, from anywhere (website, computer, mobile phone …) In turn, the digital transformation of all company departments, using computer means to view, edit and share the necessary data or information.
2.- The digital transformation it is too broad a concept. Eliminate new companies already and leave those that have processes that at some point can be automated using digital resources. Save and find information, be able to talk to anyone from wherever you are at any time, deploy a project in a virtual environment to make a proof of concept and be able to serve your customers at any time from anywhere.
3.- The Digital transformation of Companies (TDE) is a way of describing the process in which a company begins to use new technologies in a positive way. From the adoption of email to complex management solutions in the cloud, every company has its IT needs. TDE occurs not only when those needs are implemented as a functional requirement, but when it goes one step further and takes into account how various solutions can streamline a business, expand work capacity, improve communications … In summary: It is not just putting the technical patches to work, but embracing the new possibilities for improvement that new technologies allow.
4.- It is a process of INEVITABLE EVOLUTION of the business model that generates opportunities to access new markets, products and customers, defending its position against its competitors and ensuring its survival.
5.- I imagine that most people would answer that question by arguing that the Digital transformation in the company it consists of the replacement of the old way of working, more analog and with outdated tools and devices, by a more modern technology based on the Internet. That is obvious, and everyone can agree. But I think it goes further. It really changes everything. It is a way, a philosophy of work, that goes beyond the merely technical. The way of interacting between coworkers, the elimination of physical barriers, the instantaneous availability and the possibility of acting from anywhere and at any time make the possibilities of evolution of companies almost infinite. Without a doubt, here in Solutel you can see a clear example of this transformation.
6.- For me the digital transformation in the company is one more step in the evolution, he continues, of business business models, which allows the generation of new market niches and opportunities, being as competitive and efficient as possible, but never ceasing to see that first of all the companies comprise them. people, who are not machines.
7.- For me the digital transformation is to have all the information of the organization in which you work, in the palm of your hand and computerized. Being able to access the necessary data, always with granted permissions, from anywhere (web page, computer, mobile phone …) At the same time, the digital transformation of all company departments, using computer media to view, edit and share the necessary data or information.
It seems that we are clear that the digital transformation It is not having a website or company profiles in different social networks, it is not something in which only the CIO is involved, it is not having an ERP cloud … It is changing the way of doing things, the way of doing business using technology .
From the correct reflections of my colleagues, I highlight the importance of digital transformation :
- Have information accessible and organized from any place and device.
- Obtain information from customers to better understand them, turn this data into useful information for the company and be able to use it. (IoT)
- Collaborate with anyone related to my company at any time from any place and device. (Mobility)
- Use new technologies to improve, streamline a business, increase work capacity and improve communications … in short, be more competitive and efficient.
Think for a moment how your company will work in 5 years, will it work as it does today? (which continues to work the same as 15 years ago) …
Other questions that may arise are:
Do I have to digitize my company? The answer is YES
Why do I have to digitize my company?
To grow and be competitive.
When digitizing the company:
- Processes are simplified and automated, processes in general in all departments of the company are optimized and costs are reduced. When new opportunities arise, a highly digital organization can transition faster than the competition.
- Workforce efficiency and innovation are improved through automation.
- User experiences are personalized, loyalty both to employees and customers.
- The scope of the company is expanded, the forms of channels and digital points allow to reach more customers in more places around the world.
Who has to be involved in the digitization process?
Digitization, being a process of change of doing things using technology, must involve all departments of the company, all employees, in this evolution to digitization. Customer service, IT, purchasing, logistics, production, finance, marketing, after-sales, commercial, human resources … It is a global process that integrates collaborative work systems, cloud tools, digitization of processes, tools to better understand customers and the boosting mobility in the company. The IT area must lead this process, it must know the company’s business strategies and be involved in the strategic plan, adding value.
- It is a process of evolution that begins by analyzing how we currently do things and in which methods and processes could be improved.
- It is essential to know our client, what do they want? How do they want it? Where do they want it? What do they expect from us? … and make the client the core of this process.
- Every person in the company, every department, must be involved.
- Collect information (IoT, big data) transform it into useful data for the business.
- Keep in mind metrics to act and correct deviations.
The network is increasingly important for digital transformation .
Digitization is possible today because several technologies have matured and come together at the same time:
- Mobile devices. What was previously considered impossible to do on a mobile device is now the norm
- Cloud Computing: moving a significant part of your IT infrastructure to cloud services.
- Analysis platforms and Big Data. Digital organizations create terabytes of data.
- Internet of Things. ZK Research estimates that IoT will enable the connection of more than 50 billion additional devices by 2025
A Cisco Architectural Approach to Enabling Digital Transformation .
It is essential that companies choose a provider that has designed their network products specifically for the digital age. Cisco has a long history of helping companies make market transitions, and in this case Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) makes it possible to embrace digitization and is focused on helping IT managers train business leaders to accelerate this change.
Cisco’s digital network architecture is built on the principles of virtualization, automation, analytics, and the cloud . All of them are designed to dramatically simplify the network and accelerate IT productivity with lower operating costs:
- Principle 1: Virtualize the network.
- Principle 2: Automate everything that drivers use.
- Principle 3: Present the contextual analysis through the network.
- Principle 4: Create applications and services for consumption in the cloud.
Let SOLUTEL show you how Cisco solutions for digitization can help your business.