The Digital Transformation in the companyMaria Cruz Alcocer
What is the Digital Transformation in the company?
We have very clear that the Internet has changed the way we do business and how we relate both personally and professional, internally in the company, customers, suppliers. Email, messaging applications, social networks … are part of our daily lives and can not conceive today perform our tasks without these applications. There has been a digital transformation.
The digital age has arrived and it is real. It represents a great opportunity for our customers, while one of the biggest challenges for IT departments.
The origin of this article begins throwing my colleagues with different functions in Solutel, this question: What is for you the Digital Transformation in the company? Here are the answers:
1. For me the digital transformation is to have all the information of the organization where you work, in the palm of the hand and computerized. Being able to access the necessary data, always granted permissions from anywhere (website, computer, mobile phone …) In turn, the digital transformation of all departments of the company, using computer means for viewing, editing and share data or information necessary.
2. The digital transformation is too broad a concept. Eliminates already if new businesses and leaves that have processes that at some point can be automated using digital resources. Save and find information, to speak with anyone from wherever you are at any time, deploying a project in a virtual environment to do a proof of concept and to attend to your customers at any time from anywhere.
3. The Digital Transformation of Enterprises (TDE) is a way to describe the process in which a company begins to positively use new technologies. Since the adoption of email management solutions to complex cloud each company has its computing needs. The TDE occurs not only when those needs as a functional requirement is implemented, but when you go a step further and takes into account how different solutions can streamline a business, expand working capacity, improve communications … In short: is not only to technical patches to run, but to embrace the new possibilities for improvement that allow new technologies.
4. It is a process of inevitable evolution of the business model that generates opportunities for access to new markets, products and customers, defending its position against competitors and ensuring the survival of the same.
5. I imagine most people would answer that question by arguing that the Digital Transformation in the company is replacing the old way of working, more analog and outdated tools and devices, for a more modern and technology based Internet. That is obvious, and everyone can agree. But I think it goes beyond that. Really it changes everything. It is a way, a work philosophy that goes beyond the merely technical. The way to interact with co-workers, the elimination of physical barriers, instant availability and the ability to act from anywhere and at any time become the possibilities of development of enterprises in something almost infinite. Without any doubt, Solutel here you can see a clear example of this transformation.
6. For me the digital transformation in the company is another step in the evolution continues, business models business, which generates new market niches and opportunities, to be competitive and efficient as possible, but never leaving looking at companies that primarily compose people who are not machines.
7. To my digital transformation is to have all the information of the organization where you work, in the palm of the hand and computerized. Being able to access the necessary data, always granted permissions from anywhere (website, computer, mobile phone ..) In turn, the digital transformation of all departments of the company, using computer means for viewing, editing and share data or information necessary.
It seems that we are clear that the digital transformation is not having a website or company profiles on various social networks, is not something in which only the CIO is involved, is not having a cloud ERP … is changing the way of doing things, how to do business using technology.
The wise reflections of my colleagues I stressed the importance of the digital transformation:
- Having ordered information accessible from anywhere on any device.
- Customer information to know them better turn this data into useful information for the company and can use them. (IoT)
- Collaborate with anyone associated with my company at any time from anywhere on any device. (Mobility)
- Using new technologies to improve, streamline business, increase work capacity and improve communications … ultimately be more competitive and efficient.Think for a moment how you will work your company within 5 years, Will it work as it does today? (Still working like 15 years ago) …Other questions that may arise you are:Do I have to scan my company? The answer is yesWhy do I have to scan my company?To grow and be competitive.By digitizing the company:
- They simplify and automate processes, optimizing processes in general in all departments of the company and lower costs. When new opportunities arise, a digital organization can perform faster than the competition transition.
- Staff efficiency and innovation through automation is improved.
- Fidelizing the experiences of both employees and customers are customized users.
- The scope of the company is wide, forms of digital channels and points allow to reach more customers in more places around the world.Who needs to be involved in the digitization process?
Digitization to be a process of change to do things using technology, must involve all departments of the company, all employees in this evolution scanning. Customer service, information technology, purchasing, logistics, production, finance, marketing, sales, business, human resources … It is a global process that integrates collaborative work systems, tools cloud, digitization of processes, tools to better meet customers and the promotion of mobility in the enterprise. IT area must lead this process, you must know the business strategies of the company and be involved in the strategic plan providing value.
- It is an evolutionary process that begins now analyzing how we do things and that could improve methods and processes.
- It is essential to know our client, what do you want ?, how ?, where do they want ?, What do they expect of us? … And make the customer the core of this process.
- Should be involved everyone in the company, all departments.
- Collect information (IoT, big data) to transform it into useful business data
- Having this metric to act and correct deviations.The network is increasingly important for digital processing time.
Digitization is possible today because several technologies have matured and have joined together:
- Mobile devices. What once was considered impossible to do on a mobile device it is now the norm
- Cloud Computing: move an important part of their IT infrastructure to cloud services.
- Analysis platforms and Big Data. Digital organizations create terabytes of data.
- Internet of Things. ZK Research estimates that IoT will facilitate the connection of more than 50 000 million additional devices 2025Cisco an architectural approach to promote the digital transformation.
It is essential that companies choose a provider that has designed its network products specifically for the digital age. Cisco has a long history when it comes to helping companies make market transitions, and here Architecture Digital Network (DNA) Cisco makes it possible to adopt digitization and focuses on helping IT managers to enable business leaders to accelerate this change.Digital network architecture Cisco is based on the principles of virtualization, automation, analysis and cloud. They are all designed to dramatically simplify the network and accelerate IT productivity with lower operating costs:Principle 1: Virtualize the network.
Principle 2: Automating everything that controllers use.
Principle 3: Present the contextual analysis across the network.
Principle 4: Create applications and services for consumption in the cloud.Let Solutel show you how Cisco solutions for scanning can help you in your business.