Do you know the most common tactics hackers use to compromise your system? How to stop these files from executing?Maria Cruz Alcocer
Do you know the most common tactics hackers use to compromise your system? How to stop these files from executing?
Let us always bear in mind that:
- Every time in a software update we click on “Remind me later”,
- we download attachments in emails,
- we access videos of pages of dubious origin …,
we are making our device vulnerable to ransomware.
These are just a few of the many ways that ransomware can get onto your device.
On the other hand, malvertising, phishing emails, and even memory cards are common tactics hackers use to compromise your system.
How to stop the execution of these files?
While the file tries to run, Cisco has powerful tools to stop it:
- Umbrella protects your system by blocking the file request based on the encryption key infrastructure. This means that the ransomware cannot communicate or obtain the information necessary to encrypt your data.
- As Umbrella blocks the request, Cisco’s next-generation firewall will block the connection, giving you additional protection.
- If a file makes it past the DNS and firewall layer, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints can block the file from executing and go one step further. It continuously scans all file activity on the system and gives you the ability to locate and remove all malicious files.
Other related news: