Cisco Webex Calling, cloud-based phone system.
Cisco Webex CallingWebex Calling, cloud-based telephony system. For companies that have been waiting for a trusted brand to offer a globally available multi-tenant cloud-based alternative to their on-premises PBX, the wait is over. Cisco Webex® Calling offers all the features of a traditional PBX through a subscription service.
Main features Cisco Webex Calling :
- An advanced set of enterprise-grade PBX features.
- A rich user experience that includes the Cisco® Webex Calling application, for mobile and desktop users, integrated with the Cisco Webex Teams ™ collaboration application.
- Support for an integrated user experience with Cisco Webex Meetings and Webex devices, including Cisco IP Phone 6800, 7800, and 8800 Series Desk Phones and Analog ATAs.
- Delivered from a set of geo-redundant data centers distributed regionally around the world.
- Service available in a growing list of countries in each region.
- Protection of existing investment in any local Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) license, through Cisco's flexible collaboration plan.
- Seamless migration to the cloud at your own pace, through cloud and mixed cloud support and on-premises deployments.
How is PSTN connectivity provided with Webex Calling?Webex Calling allows you to locally connect your existing PSTN service to the Webex cloud using Cisco approved gateways.
What hardware, gateway, is supported to connect Cisco Webex calls to the PSTN?
Webex Calling allows your customer to connect their existing PSTN service to the Webex cloud using Cisco gateways. The following Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) devices support Webex Calling to connect to your customer's PSTN service:● Cisco 4321, 4331, 4351, 4431, and 4451 Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) using Cisco IOS® XE Software Release 16.9 (3) ● Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000 Series (CSR 1000V) with Virtual CUBE and Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16.9 (3) ● Cisco 1100 ISR with Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16.11 Note: CUBE Calling licenses are included in the Cisco Webex Calling Flex Plan license. CUBE selection requirements are governed by encryption and decryption needs. (Signaling and media to Cisco Webex Calling are always secure.)
An example of a gateway and software that should be used:For Webex calls with fewer than 200 users, you can use the Cisco 4321 Integrated Services Router (ISR) with the required Cisco IOS® XE software. The 4321 ISR will support up to 40 sessions, thus 200 users in a 1: 5 ratio. If you need more sessions, a more powerful router will be required. Here is an example bill of materials (BOM) for a 4321 ISR: 4321 ISR hardware ISR4321 / K9 + Unified communication license for Cisco 4320 ISR SL-4320-UC-K9 + Security license for cisco 4320 ISR SL-4320-SEC-K9 For environments with more than 200 users, we recommend an ISR 4331 and the required CUBE software. The 4331 ISR will manage up to 200 sessions. With a 5: 1 ratio, it can provide support for up to 1000 users. This will vary by customer.
Are the calls encrypted?
Can a gateway that supports the Webex Calling on-premises and cloud solution be used to support users?
What are the end customer benefits of Webex Calling?
- Transform your business by migrating to cloud communication and collaboration solutions.
- Reduce the cost and complexity of technology and provide a more agile and intuitive way of working .
- Integrate innovative and trusted brand in cloud collaboration, security and solution delivery .
- Integrate with Cisco Webex Meetings and Teams to provide an exceptional cognitive collaboration experience .
- Migrate at your own pace and protect existing investments with Flex Plan hybrid cloud options .
- Improve global and multi-site customer service, as well as remote and mobile worker connectivity.
Share this post
Bang & Olufsen Cisco 950, the importance of a good headset in video calls. In today's digital age, video calls have become an essential tool for communication, whether for work or personal use. Audio quality plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of these virtual conversations, and this is where...
SOLUTEL has achieved the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialization. Effective August 7, 2023. SOLUTEL has shown its commitment to join Cisco in driving positive environmental change and creating an inclusive future for all in SPAIN. In recognition of its commitment, SOLUTEL will be identified as a holder of the Cisco Environmental Sustainability Specialization. SOLUTEL...
Webex, the first and only videoconferencing solution to get the green light from the EDPS for use by the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU). In its Decision published on July 13, 2023, the EDPS considers that the use of Cisco Webex videoconferencing and related services by the Court...
CISCO Catalyst monitoring in the Meraki cloud? Monitoring of the Catalyst 9200, 9300 and 9500 in the Meraki dashboard. Access your access and distribution infrastructure from anywhere, with visibility into what is happening on your network, applications and users. When we think of Catalyst, we can assure that it is a...