Do you know the most common tactics that hackers use to endanger your system? How to stop the execution of these files?Maria Cruz Alcocer
Do you know the most common tactics that hackers use to endanger your system? How to stop the execution of these files?
Let us always bear in mind that:
- Every time in a software update we click on “Remember me later”,
- we download attachments in emails,
- we access videos from pages of doubtful origin …,
We are making our device vulnerable to ransomware.
These are just some of the many ways in which ransomware can be introduced into our device.
On the other hand, malvertising, emails with identity theft, and even memory cards are the common tactics that hackers use to compromise your system.
How to stop the execution of these files?
While the file is trying to run, Cisco has powerful tools to stop it:
- Umbrella protects your system by blocking the file request according to the encryption key infrastructure. This implies that the ransomware can not communicate or obtain the necessary information to encrypt your data.
- At the same time that Umbrella blocks the request, Cisco’s next-generation firewall will block the connection, which offers additional protection.
- If a file manages to pass the DNS layer and the firewall, the protection against advanced malware (AMP) of Cisco for terminals can block the execution of the file and go a step further. It continuously analyzes all file activity in the system and offers you the ability to locate and remove all malicious files.