Cybersecurity. When a user uses insecure devices, he makes networks insecureMaria Cruz Alcocer
Cybersecurity When a user uses insecure devices, he makes networks insecure
In terms of cybersecurity, what challenges do public administration and private companies face?
During the last weeks, rare is the day in which we do not receive news of attacks on different public administrations or private companies. Services, data hijacking, payment of ransoms fall … leaving both public organizations and private companies inoperative in part of their systems and that directly affects their activity and services they provide
In most of these cases the virus sneaks through some staff equipment. The user can be within the organization or teleworking. According to information provided by CISCO, these are the data with the new hybrid work paradigm:
– 6 out of 10 organizations have had more than half of the workforce telecommuting during confinement, and 37% of them hope to maintain this trend.
– Security continues to be the number one concern for CIOs. 73% of them have described it as their first challenge, followed by the complexity that IT (67%) and multi-cloud environments (61%) are acquiring.
– 62% of those consulted affirm that secure access is the main challenge of remote work, followed by data privacy (55%) and the control and reinforcement of security policies (50%).
– Finally, 85% of organizations consider cybersecurity more important than before the pandemic and 66% are increasing their investment in this field.
Characteristics of a robust cybersecurity strategy
Faced with different interviews carried out, both the public administration and private companies have in common that the current Firewall solutions, more VPN connections and an antivirus, are not enough today and that they need more layers of additional protection.
With the arrival of remote work, all of them agree that this security should not remain in the perimeter of the organization, but rather that the user must carry the same layers of security regardless of where they are.
From Solutel, we recommend the following layers of protection at the cybersecurity level:
- A use of strong mechanisms for authentication of users (multi-factor) and devices (protection of the position against attacks and malware) combined with zero trust policies.
CISCO UMBRELLA (protección Capa DNS),
AMP for end Point (antivirus +EDR)
CISCO DUO (solución de doble factor de autenticación de usuarios)
- A network segmentation that allows to isolate threats in case of being detected (IBN Networks).
- A robust protection of access to applications hosted in multiple clouds (what we call multi-cloud security). SASE