Cisco ASA Next Generation Firewalls with NGFW FirePowerMaria Cruz Alcocer
The appliances of NGFW Cisco Firepower They combine network firewalls with the industry’s most effective next-generation IPS and advanced malware protection.
- the ability to prevent intrusions,
- protection against advanced malware,
- URL filtering,
- application visibility and control… all within a single consolidated appliance.
Firewalls have evolved and are now much more than just a filter packet and stateful inspection. Many companies are implementing next-generation firewalls to stop modern threats like advanced malware and application-layer attacks.
As defined by Gartner, Inc. These are the advantages that a next-generation firewall should include:
- Standard firewall features like state inspection.
- Integrated intrusion prevention.
- Application detection and control to view and block applications that may generate risks.
- Update routes to add future sources of information.
- Techniques to deal with changes in security threats.
These functions are increasingly present in many companies, but a next-generation firewall can do much more.
This type of firewall has the features of a traditional next-generation firewall and also offers advanced threat detection and remediation. Here’s what you can do with a threat-focused NGFW:
- Know which sectors are most at risk, thanks to its full visibility of the context.
- React quickly to attacks through the automation of intelligent security that sets policies and dynamically strengthens your defenses.
- Detect evasive or suspicious activities more effectively thanks to the network linking and the terminal event.
- Significantly reduce the time between detection and cleaning through retrospective security that continuously monitors for suspicious activity and behavior even after an initial inspection.
- Simplify management and reduce complexity thanks to unified policies that provide protection throughout the attack cycle.